Tuesday, May 6, 2008

konnichiwa!

Greetings from Japan! After what seemed an endless day of travels, we are finally all settled in at the ANA Hotel in Kyoto. The ANA is directly across the street from Nijo-jo Castle and our room has a direct view of it. Dan is soooo thrilled. Actually, he gasped when we stepped out of the subway and there it stood before him. And then he went fumbling for his camera. Tourists.

It's 9am at home right now and 11pm here...and we've been awake for 24 hours or so. I'm slap happy. It doesn't help that everywhere you look around here there are funny little animated squirrels and such. I think I need sleep.

Below are just a few pictures from our crazy travel day: Dan practicing slurping ramen in Detroit... Northwest Airlines tries their hand at culturally sensitive meals...Jen 11 hours into the flight ...Don't bring any ferrets or squirrels into Japan...Thank God for the English Assistance button on the subway ticket machines...What happened to my Blogger?


That's it for tonight! I'm off to bed. Maybe I'll dream about animated squirrels.

No comments: