Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stuck in water.

Hank (a.k.a. 'Mao Mao') is...how shall I put this...seasoned. He's not a spring chicken anymore, and Dan and I frequently remind Nedy that Mao Mao is old and "set in his ways."

Tonight Mao Mao was staring into his half-filled food bowl, doing his usual refusal to eat until his bowl is topped off routine. Dan noticed him sitting there and told him to just eat what was in his bowl, followed by a reminder that he never goes without food and his "scarcity mentality" was wholly unnecessary.

To which Ned responds with the most genuine look on her face, "Mao Mao...old. Set in waves. Stuck in water."

I mean, seriously?!?

4 comments:

Aleece said...

She sounds like a buddhist monk or something. :)

Anonymous said...

Nedy is good for the laughs, for sure, but I found this WAY more entertaining:

"Dan noticed him sitting there and told him to just eat what was in his bowl, followed by a reminder that he never goes without food and his "scarcity mentality" was wholly unnecessary."

Oh god, I'm rolling after that one! Again!

Juli said...

Classic! Dan and Neddy deserve each other.

Hank deserves much, much better.

Corky said...

I had to re-read that before I really got it. Amazing. So she's been thinking all this time Mao Mao has been swimming too long? Surfing perhaps??