Monday, April 12, 2010

No drive car sleeping!

Nedy is a talker. Every day something new comes out of her mouth. And lately she’s been stringing words like crazy and making sentences. Really funny sentences.

For instance. So we’re at my sister Lisa’s Saturday evening. Ned had been busy playing in the sand all day, so before heading home we decided to give her a quick “sudsy sudsy”, as she calls it. We were in the bathroom drying her off when Dan asked her if she was planning on falling asleep on the drive home, to which she responded, “Oh yes! Baby tired.” Dan said, “Me, too. I’m gonna sleep on the way home, too.”

Ned looked at him with the most serious expression and said, “No, Baba. Baba drive ca-aaaaar! No drive car sleeping! Crash car into other car. Policeman stop you. Oh, Babaaaaa.”

And--shameless bragging alert--she can say the alphabet! Well, she gets to 'G' and usually ends it at that point with the "next time won't sing wit' me" part. But if prompted through 'G' to 'H', she can make it all the way to 'Z'. It's really, really cute. And I'm trying really, really hard to get it on video, but the kid knows how badly I want to catch it, meaning she clams up at the sight of the camera. (I plan to win. I'm not sure how, but I do plan to win. Maybe she can be bribed with chocolate...the girl does enjoy her chocolate...)


No comments: