Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ayic? Ayic?

Yes, I am going to catch this darn blog up. Just you wait and see. But I didn't want to forget this adorable bit of Kamrony goodness before then.

Late Christmas morning I began to have a panic attack about the incredible amount of toys that are slowly overtaking every square inch of the house. I sent Dan to the attic to get some Rubbermaid bins down so I could begin dividing toys into a 'keep for posterity' pile and a 'donate to church' pile. I guess we haven't opened the attic trap door in a while, because clearly Kam has existed under it for months now without ever knowing of its (amazing) existence. You should have seen the look on his face when the ceiling pulled down in the hallway and out popped a ladder!

So Dan and Nedy scurried up the ladder to hand down the bins all while Kam stood below, gazing up, drunk with wonder. "Baby? Go? BABY?! Peeeeeeaaaaase?!?!" I let him climb up the ladder a bit--turns out he's skilled at ladder climbing--and peek into the wonderland (read: mass of boxes) above.


And then I got nervous and made him come down. And then he threw a toddler fit. I looooove toddler fits. (insert sarcastic tone)

When he recovered, he looked at me with the sweetest little face he could muster and said, "Ayic? Ayic??" And I said in my silly, deep tone, "Noooooooooooo."

So for the past week, he's had a new joke. He randomly asks, "Ayic? Ayic??" and answers himself in a near-perfect mimicry of my tone, "Noooooooooo" with the biggest, dimple-inducing smile on his face. Ohmygosh, it is sooooooo funny.

And last night, I rocked him to sleep--or so I thought--and put him in his crib. So why did I hear, "Ayic? Ayic?? Noooooooooo" coming from his room for the next 10 minutes?

Oh, the boy cracks me up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome. you have such a way of describing kids!