Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oshwabe

For the better part of a year now, Nedy's had an imaginary friend. She named her Oshwabe. (Oh-shwah-bay.) I thought I should document Oshwabe's bio.

Oshwabe is 5 years old. She has lots of dance parties. She has contests at her house frequently and gives away medals for the winners. She has a little brother and he doesn't listen very well, but she's really nice to him anyway. Oshwabe loves talking on the phone and often asks Nedy if she wants to come over and play. Sometimes Oshwabe lives in the city by us and sometimes she lives far out in the country. Oshwabe is Chinese.

I have taken to calling Oshwabe "the Shwabster". Nedy always corrects me. "Ummmm, Mama. Her name is Oshwabe, not the Shwabster." But I can't help myself. It's funny to call your kid's imaginary friend "the Shwabster". Even if she doesn't think so.

Kamron knows Oshwabe's name, too. "Shwabe? Phone? Shwabe?" I looooove it. I had an imaginary friend named Michaela growing up. As I understand it, my sister Jackie asked to take her to school for 'show and tell' and came home after school with the news that Michaela had been hit by the bus. I hope Kamron doesn't borrow this move from the Aunt Jackie playbook... :)


No comments: