Monday, October 15, 2012

house update

I have managed to become a terrible blogger again.  I'm good at being a terrible blogger.  ;)

Much of the work on the house of late has been inside.  I am happy to say plumbing, electrical and HVAC rough is all done and passed inspection.  Rough carpentry also passed inspection last week with the inspector noting it was one of the best rough carpentry jobs he had ever seen.  Well, of course.  ;)  

So with all of that done and through inspection, today begins...ready for it?...insulation!  The spray foam trucks just arrived this morning.  They will take a few days followed by drywall starting next week sometime.  We're still on track for "reasonably finished" inside by mid-December.  (Though we have yet to define "reasonably finished."  Ahem.)

And a few recent shots of the exterior.  On the front, notice the front entry is rebuilt and the clerestory (or 'tower' if you're the non-architect type) is clad.  On the back, notice the cladding on the two-story window and the refining of the balcony.  Also notice more torn down stone, this time by the back door--prep work for a wider version to come.  Oh, and don't miss Dan.  Can you spot him?
 

And I realize I need to do a post on the kids.  I'll try to get some pics up within the next couple days.  They are 84% delightful, which for their ages I hear is pretty good.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...excellent. So fun to see and hear the progress! Thanks for updating! It looks great, and now I won't have to stalk you. ;)