Monday, August 3, 2009

Slummin' on a Sunday :)

My sister has a client in the area for whom she has worked for 26 years. That's a loooong time. (Not that Lisa is old. Because that's not what I'm saying. Ahem. I'm just saying that working for the same family for 26 years is impressive.) Anyway, our family benefited from that 26 year relationship on Sunday when we all spent the afternoon at their backyard "resort". See, said family took their private jet to a wedding this weekend and offered Lisa the use of their backyard. Big deal, right? Well, it is a big deal, because said family just so happens to have created (yes, created) a 6 acre, 12 foot deep pond--complete with beautiful fish, beach entrance and multiple boats--in their 500-some acre backyard. I should add that this bit of "refined wilderness" is 5 minutes from my parents' place in Cedarburg. How freakin' awesome is that?! Let me tell you, it's pretty freakin' awesome. We had a blast. Thanks for setting it up, Lisa! (And I still want to know how one fills up a 6 acre, 12 foot deep man-made pond...)

(Oh, and yes, we are indeed new parents--baby's.skin.must.not.see.light.of.day. Poor kid.) :)



1 comment:

Corky said...

Ahh these pictures are a blast! It's summertime at it's finest. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I'm on vacation just looking at them. And Lisa still looks like Julia Roberts to me. Sweet suit too, Nedy!