Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Haircut!

Ned's been home nine months now, so it was high time for a haircut, don't you think? (We tried a couple months ago, but...well, it just...wasn't Ned's time for a haircut, if you catch my drift.) I've been getting my haircut at The Establishment for years now. It's a couple blocks from our house and owned by some of the coolest cats on earth, a husband and wife team, Carly and Howie.

A couple weeks ago I took Ned to watch her cousin John-John get his haircut at Vic's Barbershop in Cedarburg. (My Dad's been going to Vic for years, and all I can say is that his troll-like personality is clearly not the draw of the place...but that said, I'm not sure what is...but I digress.) Anyway, John-John did a great job of responding to my "Oh boy, aren't you having fun, John-John??" and plastered a nice big cheesy smile on his face while the troll trimmed him up. After that, I asked Ned if she wanted to get her haircut like John-John and she said yes, but of course the big test would come when
she was the one in the chair with a big, shiny shears pointed at her head.

So, after a couple weeks of daily haircut talk, today was the day. And all I can say is that my baby's split ends are a thing of the past. (She didn't appear to enjoy the experience, per se, but she sat perfectly still--aside from a few head turns to keep an eye on Carly and Howie's weiner dog, Otis--and was pretty proud of herself when all was said and done.)


So here you have it, Ned's first big girl haircut. Thanks, Carly. :)


2 comments:

Corky said...

I love the shot where she's got her hair up in clips. Such a big little girl!!!

Juli said...

Hey! Where is Otis in these pictures?

Juli - Wiener Dog lover (I had three when my baby came home.)

PS - Very cute. Love the serious look, like she is going to do it all by herself next time....