Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Ahhhh, Christmas morning. We've been patiently waiting to give Nedy a gigantic 'worky' (workbench Ned-style) for over a month. There it sat in the basement just waiting to have its destiny fulfilled as the Christmas morning gift. Ned's been infatuated with Baba's workshop for months now, so a couple months ago we got her a tiny laptop version of a worky and it's gotten extended daily play ever since. (Hence our excitment about the gigantic worky's potential to put all other gifts she'll ever receive in life to shame.)

So, she wakes up, rolls over and says, "Mama? Coffee?" (Ned has chocolate milk every morning. She calls it coffee. It's pretty funny.) Anyway, I respond, "Hey! Merry Christmas, Ned! I wonder if Santa came?!?"

"Santa," she says. "Yesh, go sheee." Slippers (a.k.a. 'shippers' or 'house boots') on, she heads down the hall. I guess I should add that we never really explained Santa or how it all works.

So she blows right past the gigantic worky in the middle of the floor to the window. ("Santa. Yook 'side. Santa?") Okay, okay, so my moment was delayed and not quite as magical as planned, but I think the gigantic worky (HUUUUUUGE, as Ned calls it) is a hit. She was so excited that it has a vise. Hooray for girls who dig tools. Hooray that my kid is one of them. So far, that is. :)


Ned's obsession with the Little Drummer Boy prompted this last minute purchase... Rumpumpumpum, rumpumpumpum, rumpumpumpum.

Of course, being the worky expert she is, Ned thought Baba needed help with assembly. Here she's asking him, "What doing?" in the most I-know-you-have-no-clue-what-you're-doing tone. Ahhhh, 2.
And then Nana and Papa came over for lunch.

I asked my Mom an Dad if I could take their picture in front of our tree. My Dad threw his hat on the table in preparation and Ned grabbed it, put it on and jumped into their photo with the most serious look on her face. Kid cracks me up.


And then we put on our jammies with a plan for a 7:00pm bedtime...but before we knew it, it was 8:45. Because that's how we roll.

1 comment:

Aleece said...

Love the matching Paul Frank shirt on you and pj pants on Nedy - did you plan that??? :)

I happened to notice the super cool quilt with the circles on it on your footrest - did someone make that? It looks like it's very very neat!