Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day is our big family get-together day--Dan's family in the early part of the day and mine in the evening. We woke up to our first real snow this year (we have this "warmer by the lake" in winter thing that sometimes means we get rain while others a few miles inland get snow.) Anyway, Ned's been eyeing her shovel in the garage for a couple months now and finally got to try it out, along with her big green boots that made for some cute tip-overs. The verdict? "Yike snow."

Nothing takes the chill out of snow play quite like a huge ham feast at Dan's parents' house.

Here Nedy's telling Grandma that she plans to use her pickle prize of McD's gift certificates to buy her "owns Wrench Fwies." "Owns." It kills me. She did inform me, though, that she can't drive until she's "Bigger...OLDER...Eighteeeeeeeeen." Yep, Ned's decided on 18 for driving. Sounds about right to me.

A rousing game of newfangled Scrabble...

Cousins. She adores them. I guess the look on her face gives that away, eh?

And then on to celebrating at my sister Lisa's that evening. Lisa's cat loved on Nedy a lot--she thought that was pretty cool. And I think it left her wondering what the hell is wrong with her mao mao. :)

Good times. :)

2 comments:

Corky said...

You guys put Norman Rockwell to shame.

PS - my word verification is comeat. I'm not sure as a vegetarian, I can type that in.

Aleece said...

I LOVE her Christmas dress - so cute! And I can't believe how big her cousins are getting - makes me realize how long it's been since I've seen them!

My word verification is nongsi. What the heck does that mean?!?!?!