Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The return of Pum Pum

Remember this?

Nedy's adoration of The Little Drummer Boy was a near daily giggle for us most of last winter. Even after Christmas came and went, Nedy would pull up "Pum Pum" on her MP3 player (yes, it was that serious) and demand we dance with her while she sang along. I don't know what it was about that song exactly--I'm sure the "pums" had something to do with it, and the fact that it talks about "Nana's Jesus" (don't ask)--but whatever her reasons, this song just tripped her trigger.

By Spring, sadly, it seemed her obsession had subsided. She was on to the ABCs and Wheels on the Bus and such. Secretly, I missed hearing Pum Pum.

Fast forward to tonight. Every night, Baba, Nedy and I read books together and then I rock her to sleep while listening to music. (Yeah, I know she's 3. Whatever. She'll always be my baby.) So a couple minutes into our rocking she was asleep...or so I thought. And what came on the radio? Well, The Little Drummer Boy, of course. And Nedy says, eyes closed, voice soft as can be, "Mama, it's Pum Pum. I soooooo happy."

Me too, baby. Me too. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fyi...Hallmark has a beautiful date drummer boy ornament this year, and an the back it says Rum Pum Pum Pum in big, happy letters. :)