Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life on Cloud 9

What a whirlwind couple of days! Dan stayed home Friday to catch the DHL guy who was delivering the original copy of our referral packet. We put a sign on the door to make absolutely certain that he not leave before Dan sprinted from his workshop to the front door...

We are happy to report that we are now in possession of the original packet! Dan said the DHL guy didn't seem to understand my sign... But he did take a pic of the back of the delivery guy for posterity's sake...


I tried to work on Friday, as Wednesday and Thursday my excited state left my work brain a little mushy. I was slightly more successful working on Friday, but I'm hoping for grand improvement by Monday. :) Anyway, my friend and boss Lisa took me out to lunch and we stopped at Freckle Face, this adorable baby boutique in the Third Ward. Okay, so I'm not proud of what I dropped for this ONE outfit, but DANG, it sure is freakin' adorable. I mean, seriously adorable. (Read: Must Justify. Must Justify.) But it is cute as all get-out, isn't it??


Friday night we had a date with our friends Elisabeth and Michael and their amazing kiddos. We thoroughly enjoyed "sock skating" around their house. :) Elisabeth is a very modest person, but let me just say that she has mad skills somethin' fierce. Dinner was FANTASTIC and followed by an awesome session of post-kiddo bedtime cookie decorating and goofin' around. I really can't adequately describe the cookie decorating skill this woman possesses, so let me try showing a birds-eye view of the table after a couple hours of frosting and frolic...you should be able to pick out E's cookies...AMAZING. Thanks for the great time, guys!


For a couple months now, Dan has been working on something really special for Kennedy. While I spent our anxious waiting-on-referral time on the couch with diabetic cat (What? He needed me. :), Dan poured his phenomenal creative energies into designing and building a dresser for Kennedy. The Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing provided inspiration. He finished up the dresser the day we received our referral after 120 hours of painstaking, detailed work. This morning he finished up moving it into Kennedy's room and trust me when I say the photo below doesn't come close to doing it justice. It is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...just like Kennedy. :) What an amazing heirloom to have from your Dad, don't ya think? (I know you read this blog, Dan, and let me just say again: You are amazingly talented, honey.)



Today was a day of nesting around here. I cleaned the house and Dan worked on Kennedy's playroom remodel. (Pictures of that coming soon!) In the middle of our day we got a visit from my friend Lisa, her friend Frank (visiting from LA), and their kids. Frank's little guy is such a joy and is just a few weeks younger than Kennedy. I hope next time Frank is in town that our kiddos can hang out and sit in upside down end tables together. :)


At 4:30, Dan and I decided it was well past the time to take Kennedy's original referral photos to Walgreen's to get prints for us and the grandparents. We ordered an 8x10, several 5x7s and some wallets. When I returned to Walgreen's at 6:00 to pick them up, the 8x10 was still printing. So I stood there and waited for it, answering the photo guy's inquiry about who the adorable kid in the pic is. ;) When he brought the 8x10 to me, I just reacted--STUNNED--completely in awe--SHE'S REALLY REAL. And then I welled up with tears AGAIN because I am now officially a big--make that GIANT--sap.

So I bring the photos home and take a right of passage... Notice someone new on our photo wall?


I can't wait to fill that wall with photos we take of her. In the meantime, I am so grateful for these photos. So very grateful that she looks healthy, well cared for, and I think a bit strong-willed, if I do say so myself. :)


There have been some other changes around the house. Notice something new in the family room?


See it? Over there in the corner? Yep, it's my crazy sheep-seated mid-century mod rocking chair! YAY! (Can't wait for those jet lag-induced, all-night rocking sessions! Tee hee.)



So, how is Hank feeling about the big change that's headed our way? I'll let you decide.



Life is good. (Even for Hank.) :)


No comments: