Monday, December 8, 2008

Never in my life wanted a snow day so badly...

Okay, so I have NO NEWS. Nothing. Of course, this month would have to be the absolute quietest month in the China adoption rumor world EVER. I keep hitting refresh on RQ hoping for something, ANYTHING. But there's NOTHING.

Many people have asked me with great interest what exactly this wait feels like at this point in the game. It feels CRAZY. It is all-consuming and exciting and still scary, because we don't know for absolute certain that we will make the cut this month. We think it's quite likely, but when a wait like this grows before your very eyes for 3 years, you get a little queezy about making predictions with any degree of certainty. So here we are. Excited, nervous, frazzled, excited, scared, excited...CRAZY.

Anyway, a big bad storm is a-brewin' here and I can only hope for a snow day tomorrow. I e-mailed my dream scenario to our adoption coordinator:

What I wouldn't give to just hear "the 23rd is in". And I also want a snow day really badly tomorrow. So, in my dreams, we get a snow day tomorrow and Dan and I are home wrapping Christmas presents and drinking egg nog while the snow piles up and then the phone rings...and it's you! And we have a kiddo. Dreeee-eeeee-eeeee-eeee-eam, dream, dream, dre-eam, dreeee-eee-eeee-eeee-eam...

Her reply:

This made me laugh out loud.

I don't know what she meant by that, but at least I'm still good for laughs.

C'moooooooon snow day! C'moooooooooon referral!

No comments: