Monday, June 14, 2010

Boul...

So yesterday my Mom, my Aunt, Dan and I are sitting around my Mom's kitchen table talking to Nedy. She's so much fun to chat with these days--its always such a treat to see what comes out of her mouth. We like to test her on words, too. We're always amazed by her ability to hear words once--even big words--and then use them later in perfect context. Well, usually.

So back to yesterday. Ahem. :)

Nedy's been learning the different words for types of roadways. For some reason, she finds it interesting to organize roads by type: avenue, street, road, freeway, highway, etc. Earlier in the week Nedy and Baba were on a bike ride and she learned a new kind of road type: boulevard. And Dan was telling us about this as we sat around the table.

Baba: Nedy, what's that kind of road that has grass or gardens dividing it?
Nedy: Ummmm...hmmmm...ummmmmmmm...
Mama: Boul...
Nedy: BOULSHIT!

Good times. (And, for the record, I have no idea where she learned that particular 'big word'.)


4 comments:

Corky said...

Maybe from the dude with the tree stump grinder???

marveling at moss said...

Right on, Cory. Right on.

Tammy said...

You have the cutest little girl. How lucky you are to have her. I enjoy reading all the postings

Aleece said...

awesome - I love it.