Monday, July 5, 2010

Beach bums

At 11:30 today I decided cleaning the house just wasn't high on my list of fun ways to spend a day off. So we hopped in the car and headed up to the beach in Kohler. We have beach access a 5 minute walk from our house, but there's something nice about the quiet of beaches just a tad north.

Nedy is a "just add sand" kind of kid. She could care less about the water, but sand is
the big gig in her 2 1/2 year old life. (As an aside, I never would have thought I was capable of amassing such an obscenely large collection of plastic sand goods, but alas, I am becoming my mother...except that she would never dress a kid from head-to-toe in SPF 50 clothing on a 90 degree day. I guess I'm becoming a way more neurotic version of my Mom. But I digress.)

So after an hour or so of castle building (always crushed by Nedy before realizing full potential, of course), Dan decided to catch a little nap.

And then Ned announced, "Baby take yitto west, too." And then she flopped down and assumed what looked to be the most uncomfortable position possible and proceeded to rest for about a minute and a half, complete with fake snoring.
And she's back!
Not bad considering our cooler served as the tripod, eh? :)

So after the family photo, Ned says, "Baby take pikshur Mama and Baba. Baby use wemote, okay?" She positioned herself "just right" in front of the camera, pointed the remote with great precision and, in true Mama form, took no less than 15 pictures of us. And after she saw her shots on the camera, she looked at me and said in the most serious way, "Where Baby's head? Why I just yegs and one hand?"
Good times. :)

1 comment:

Aleece said...

love the look on both of your faces in the last picture :)