Saturday, July 31, 2010

Julia Jie


What an exciting day! Very
early this morning, my sister Lisa and her family of 5 arrived home from China from a life-changing 15-day trip adopting their newest member, five-year-old (she'll be 6 in a few days) Julia Jie, a.k.a. 'Jie Jie'. After just four hours of sleep, they awoke to their 8:00 a.m. alarm this morning determined to embrace the day...a.k.a. avoid jet lag. (If they succeed in this--the avoidance of east to west jet lag, that is--I will have to eat my shorts. Good thing I don't own any.) Anyway, as part of "embracing the day", we got to visit!

She is amazing. Brave. Resilient. Funny. Silly. Brave. Loving. Adorable. Brave. And loved. Today we met a little girl who, I have no doubt, will amaze us the rest of our lives.


Welcome Home, Jie Jie. We love you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...congratulations to your whole family! Welcome home, Jie Jie!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Tamsen Family! Hope to meet her soon!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I hope to meet her at some point.