Monday, January 18, 2010

Baba's work

Since I had off today for MLK Day, Dan went to work today. When Ned woke up this morning, I asked her, "Hey, wanna go see Baba and Grandpa at work?" to which she replied (with more than the average amount of enthusiasm), "YESHHH! Go see Baba! Grandpa! TOOOOOOLS!!!" followed by strikingly accurate mimicry of the compressor sound. (She's been there once before. Clearly, it made an impression.)

I only had my little camera in my pocket, but I did get a few shots of her fun on the job site. (Although she was a little bummed that Uncle Mike was working at another site today--"Unco Mike? Go?".)

As we drove down the 1/4 mile long driveway after our visit she pulls her thumb out of her mouth and says, "Huuuge house. HUUUUGE." And then I gave her my (lengthy) thoughts on oversized houses and the often accompanying oversized lifestyles. And I'm happy to say she listened intently. (Or completely zoned out...sometimes it's hard to tell.) :)


No comments: