Sunday, April 24, 2011

What's with me and cliff-hangers?!

I know, I know. The post-adoption cliff-hangers on this blog are now two too many. :)

We are home and adjusting well, despite four horrible cases of jet lag! We've made the best of it with a couple middle of the night marathon play sessions, but I am hopeful tonight we will turn a corner and everyone will get the sleep we all need.

Kamron is such a lovable, squishy and delightful guy. He was tremendously serious at first, but the past couple of days we have seen more and more of his goofy side as he giggles and plays. He loves to play with toys and go for walks outside. Oh, and he loves to eat. This morning he pounded back an entire waffle and a handful of peeled and chopped grapes. With 6 teeth. Tonight he ate 10 sweet potato gnocchi and some toast. Amazing. He's only 10 months, but he's been enjoying table food for a while now and knows what he's doing with those 6 teeth!

Ned is doing a great job. She handled the trip like a pro and, even in the midst of terrible jet lag, has been very patient and kind with Kam...until he starts chewing on her clothes, that is. "Kamwun, dat gwoss! Don't suck on clothes; they're for wearing, not eating."

Good times. Anyway, more to come over the next couple days, but wanted to at least get a small update out there to say all is well! Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Aleece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aleece said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I'm sure everyone expected you were more than busy with 2 little ones and a plane trip around the world on top of it!

Glad he's eating well - much better than Nedy where you had to spoon-feed her water, huh? :)

Can't wait for more updates!

Barbara Ley said...

Yay! I'm glad that you're all home safe and sound. Let me know when you'd be up for a walk. ZZ loves looking at Kamron's photos and would like to meet him:-)

Anonymous said...

Yay two! Very happy to hear all is well...

Please let us know when visitors are a possibility...we'd love to meet him. :)

Corky said...

Welcome home, belated! I can't wait to meet Kam. I feel his presence in Shorewood. I want him to eat with Darla -- sounds like a good influence. And he's welcome to chew on my clothes anytime. Oh my gosh, you guys! What a beautiful family unit you've created. Ah! Crying at my desk again. Thanks for being you. Love & congrats!!!

PS the word verification is noucory. Weird!

Juli said...

Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures!

(Sorry, you'll have to fill in the "banging on the tables" noise from your own imagination.)

Anonymous said...

I second Juli.